Saturday, July 26, 2008

Desitny's Frailty (poem, sonnet)

Crazy as the night is to consume the day
The passing of all that comes my way
My will hears my thoughts, tastes my cry to stay
Nothing but white noise to perpetual motion

Blue as the song of sounds voice
A maze that’s lost me in its choice
Turn up the volume, I can’t stand the noise
Fate has consumed, entombed, and concealed

Lost as the self in the world of the lost
Reality’s dimension sees my end, my cost
I know not the time that’s flown past
My eternity’s there, but I am where

I am here, and now, and how I so desire
My will is ember bound, my fate from the fire

1 comment:

Anna Lensch said...

I really like the tone to this poem. For some reason it reminds me of when it rains long and hard in autumn. I don't know how to explain it--but I quite like this. My favorite lines are the end couplet, and Turn up the volume, I can't stand the noise. Great rhyming.