Where are you?
Cause I’m right there.
What’s that you say not anywhere?
Am I with you?
Cause where is here.
Yet you assert this, no place for fear?
Could this be true?
We’re where we are.
So near the truth, and yet so far?
Our search is through?
We’re here and there.
Our true location we ought not share?
Well here’s the truth, free of cost…
I think we’re Bermuda Triangle lost.
Cause I’m right there.
What’s that you say not anywhere?
Am I with you?
Cause where is here.
Yet you assert this, no place for fear?
Could this be true?
We’re where we are.
So near the truth, and yet so far?
Our search is through?
We’re here and there.
Our true location we ought not share?
Well here’s the truth, free of cost…
I think we’re Bermuda Triangle lost.
4 comments:
This is a note to Ada:
I'll tell you what, after you finish with posting the other 3/4's of the prose you are currently on, what do you say to me posting a prose, and you posting a poem. That way you can get your foot in the door and feel less intimidated, at least for a week ;)
I like how this sort of feels like tug-o-war. Like the plain statement in the middle of each stanza is being pulled this way and that by the questions on either end. my favorite stanza is: Am I with you? Cause where is here. Yet you assert this, no place for fear?
Even though it is the stanza I seem to understand the least. ah well. I also really like the sound of Bermuda Triangle Lost, even though it is a bit wordy. Nice, as always. :)
Funny you should say that, Icnived, at the same time as posting the poem that immediately became my favourite of yours. I love the tone in it, and how it goes back and forth in a sort of circle-ish motion, the way you do when you're really lost.
I actually like it that the final sentence has more words than the rest of it, because it leaves it hanging in the air.
Okay then, that sounds good! I'll post a poem 3 weeks from now :) Thanks!
Circle-ish = the word previously known as "circular".
*embarrassed*
;)
Post a Comment